Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Japan Tour Thread
11-22-2016, 11:30 AM,
RE: The Japan Tour Thread
(11-16-2016, 09:16 AM)Darran Wrote: More photos from Tokyo tonight.

Great photos!!

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."
11-25-2016, 06:28 PM,
A bit of trivia for you.  

It says in Classic Rock Magazine January 2017 edition that they wanted to hold the Classic Rock Awards at The Budokan but it's closed for repairs in the build-up to the 2020 Olympics.
11-26-2016, 04:44 AM,
A photo from Classic Rock Magazine January 2017 issue.  Tongue
11-26-2016, 06:37 AM,
(11-25-2016, 06:28 PM)Darran Wrote: It says in Classic Rock Magazine January 2017 edition that they wanted to hold the Classic Rock Awards at The Budokan but it's closed for repairs in the build-up to the 2020 Olympics.

Does it really? When I cursorily check websites, Underworld had played Budokan two days before the Classic Rock Awards show day. Brian Adams is scheduled for January, Journey February, Santana and Steven Tyler in April if I pick up known names. I've never heard such a story. So they can get away with everything when they are protected by the language barrier, can't they?

What they don't say is that they've been eventually forced to refund the concert ticket price for everybody who wishes so after the event:
http://classicrockawards.jp/en/

There seems to be an online furore especially because Jimmy Page did not play but only handed an award to Jeff Beck; a lot of people had expected they would play together, and bought the tickets for that, I guess. How about Joe Walsh and Kirk Hammet cancelling their participation less than a week before the show? That Johnny Depp and Joe Perry (and Yoshiki) were called in four days before the show, probably as a desparate effort for a draw? What were the best-section seats on the ground floor empty until the minute the show started? That a lot of people were given 'upgrades' was good, but the rumour goes the tickets were given away for free in the end. I actually heard 'discount for people concerned' mentioned. After all this, they look pretty shameless to me to mention they're coming back next year. They might as well buy the audience and get ready next time.

Or, of course, they might as well give the whole show to Cheap Trick next time Big Grin .
11-26-2016, 07:12 AM,
(11-26-2016, 06:37 AM)domi Wrote:
(11-25-2016, 06:28 PM)Darran Wrote: It says in Classic Rock Magazine January 2017 edition that they wanted to hold the Classic Rock Awards at The Budokan but it's closed for repairs in the build-up to the 2020 Olympics.

Does it really? When I cursorily check websites, Underworld had played Budokan two days before the Classic Rock Awards show day. Brian Adams is scheduled for January, Journey February, Santana and Steven Tyler in April if I pick up known names. I've never heard such a story. So they can get away with everything when they are protected by the language barrier, can't they?

What they don't say is that they've been eventually forced to refund the concert ticket price for everybody who wishes so after the event:
http://classicrockawards.jp/en/

There seems to be an online furore especially because Jimmy Page did not play but only handed an award to Jeff Beck; a lot of people had expected they would play together, and bought the tickets for that, I guess. How about Joe Walsh and Kirk Hammet cancelling their participation less than a week before the show? That Johnny Depp and Joe Perry (and Yoshiki) were called in four days before the show, probably as a desparate effort for a draw? What were the best-section seats on the ground floor empty until the minute the show started? That a lot of people were given 'upgrades' was good, but the rumour goes the tickets were given away for free in the end. I actually heard 'discount for people concerned' mentioned. After all this, they look pretty shameless to me to mention they're coming back next year. They might as well buy the audience and get ready next time.

Or, of course, they might as well give the whole show to Cheap Trick next time Big Grin .

Yes it does my friend.  
11-27-2016, 05:20 AM,
(11-26-2016, 07:12 AM)Darran Wrote: Yes it does my friend.  

No, I didn't doubt you, I was just surprised.