Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Japan Tour Thread
09-30-2016, 06:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016, 10:53 AM by Darran.)
The Japan Tour Thread
That's looking tasty isn't it?   Tongue
09-30-2016, 09:40 AM,
RE: Japanese Classic Rock Awards Performers
If that is the Thai band Slot Machine, I saw them live a few years ago, really good.
10-29-2016, 08:37 AM,
Trick Int'l or anyone,

Will Cheap Trick play so much as a song in this award show, or will this be only an appearance?
     So far, everything from a copycat of Baby Metal to Jimmy Page have been lined up (I'm counting over a dozen); Jeff Beck has a band of his for this show, which I'm assuming will be the second half of the event. The whole event starts at 6 pm.
     I don't want to look for over $180-apiece ticket if my band will appear onstage for five minutes and say thank you.
10-29-2016, 02:20 PM,
(10-29-2016, 08:37 AM)domi Wrote: Trick Int'l or anyone,

Will Cheap Trick play so much as a song in this award show, or will this be only an appearance?
     So far, everything from a copycat of Baby Metal to Jimmy Page have been lined up (I'm counting over a dozen); Jeff Beck has a band of his for this show, which I'm assuming will be the second half of the event. The whole event starts at 6 pm.
     I don't want to look for over $180-apiece ticket if my band will appear onstage for five minutes and say thank you.

http://www.klab.com/jp/english/press/detail/id=5152
Not sure if this helps.
10-29-2016, 11:54 PM,
Thanks, but no Sad . This was the initial release (dated in May), and since, Jimmy Page, another from Def Leopard, Eagles member, a Philipino singer and so on and on were added to the lineup. Just last week I read the addition of the Baby Metal-like thing as well as an kabuki actor and a Megadeth member as emcees. (Come to think of it, PLEASE no CT's involvement with those girls like Kiss and Baby Metal. I dread such a thing.) The way they sell tickets by batches feels odd, too. Somethow I cant't help feeling..... Huh ......
10-30-2016, 08:07 PM,
(10-29-2016, 11:54 PM)domi Wrote: Thanks, but no Sad . This was the initial release (dated in May), and since, Jimmy Page, another from Def Leopard, Eagles member, a Philipino singer and so on and on were added to the lineup. Just last week I read the addition of the Baby Metal-like thing as well as an kabuki actor and a Megadeth member as emcees. (Come to think of it, PLEASE no CT's involvement with those girls like Kiss and Baby Metal. I dread such a thing.) The way they sell tickets by batches feels odd, too. Somethow I cant't help feeling..... Huh ......

Sorry, Domi...I wonder if someone from the venue might know?
Sounds like it is best to pass on this...Save your funds for future options! Wink
11-04-2016, 09:45 AM,
Nicky Horne is flying out to host a tv show.
11-09-2016, 07:47 AM,
Not yet, but this page looks promising:
http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-11-09/t...wards-blog

Sleepy
11-10-2016, 10:52 AM,
Ricks arrived.    Tongue
11-11-2016, 10:17 AM,
RE: The Japan Tour Thread
Cheap Trick win The Showmen of the Year Award.   Tongue
11-11-2016, 11:57 AM,
According to someone on Twitter they played four songs at the Classic Rock Awards.  

I Want You To Want Me. 
When I Wake Up Tomorrow.  
Dream Police.  
Surrender.
11-11-2016, 05:11 PM,
A couple of photos of CT in here. 
11-12-2016, 10:53 AM,
Not sure what all this is about but it's Robin with Don Felder.
11-12-2016, 04:57 PM,
As you will have seen in a different thread, the band did indeed play a lively and we'll received four song set at the Awards, with Robin and Rick later performing The Beatles "Come Together" with all all star band that included Depp and Perry. The Awards show ran for 4 hours, which was probably too long IMHO, but there were certainly some highlights (of which CT) was one. Who knows, maybe I will revive an old habit and write a long, boring travel and shows review of this Japan trip? Tonight, it's Osaka!

Kim
(They persecute me right here in Kyoto, Japan)
11-12-2016, 05:25 PM,
(11-12-2016, 04:57 PM)kgisborne Wrote: As you will have seen in a different thread, the band did indeed play a lively and we'll received four song set at the Awards, with Robin and Rick later performing The Beatles "Come Together" with all all star band that included Depp and Perry. The Awards show ran for 4 hours, which was probably too long IMHO, but there were certainly some highlights (of which CT) was one. Who knows, maybe I will revive an old habit and write a long, boring travel and shows review of this Japan trip? Tonight, it's Osaka!

Kim
(They persecute me right here in Kyoto, Japan)

I'd love to read a long, (never) boring travel and shows review if the Japan trip!

Robert.