Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today Show April 7th
03-25-2016, 09:27 PM,
Today Show April 7th
Cheap Trick is scheduled to appear on the Today Show on April 7th. The way the schedule reads, it looks like they will be performing two songs!
03-25-2016, 09:32 PM,
RE: Today Show April 7th
(03-25-2016, 09:27 PM)Shaggy Wrote: Cheap Trick is scheduled to appear on the Today Show on April 7th.  The way the schedule reads, it looks like they will be performing two songs!

Nice heads up, Shaggy! Thanks!!!
03-25-2016, 11:30 PM,
(03-25-2016, 09:32 PM)Schlichtl Wrote:
(03-25-2016, 09:27 PM)Shaggy Wrote: Cheap Trick is scheduled to appear on the Today Show on April 7th.  The way the schedule reads, it looks like they will be performing two songs!

Nice heads up, Shaggy! Thanks!!!

You're welcome Smile
04-03-2016, 08:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016, 10:04 PM by Schlichtl.)
Hopefully the Today Show will treat the band with respect and they will be able to perform a couple/three songs and not get cut off to go to commercial.  I bet this is a great and challenging time for friends of family of the band and management.  So much happening right now.  An exciting time for sure!
04-07-2016, 07:15 AM,
It's gotta be a bit tough for a rock band to do the Today show. They can't really be much in the way of morning people given their jobs... They usually go on at 9 pm or some such time.

https://sputinc7.wixsite.com/covwc

I didn't do it.   But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation
04-07-2016, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 07:40 AM by mkraft.)
(04-07-2016, 07:15 AM)radiolover Wrote: I want..945a

Wake up...1045A

It's gotta be a bit tough for a rock band to do the Today show. They can't really be much in the way of morning people given their jobs... They usually go on at 9 pm or some such time.
s2
04-07-2016, 08:26 AM,
Well it only took them 1'57" for the Today show to even mention a performance by Cheap Trick. I was beginning to think they had to cancel so Robin could rest his voice.

Sat thru and recorded 2hrs of junk for nothing. I thought they'd have mentioned a bit here and there, teasing the performance from upcoming inductees, etc. Nope. 
I also thought the music used to go on at the 8:30 - 9 block, but that was when I thought they'd be playing 2-3 songs out on the plaza (hmm...all this thinking is getting me nowhere Wink ). Maybe it's just a couple in studio?  I'm not sure how to decipher the time code in the above post(s). I know the Today show goes on for hours, but now my local station goes to Kelly and Michael (9-10) and returns to Today at 10a. So they would separate their two song performances by an hour? Huh...interesting.

I just LOVE being a Cheap Trick fan!
04-07-2016, 09:56 AM,
Looked fantastic and sounded great (IWYTWM). If Robin's voice was giving him trouble (just based on what I read from the Stern show comments) he seems to have recovered. They did start off the first verse without the higher register, but then switched to the 'usual' version. (Nothing they haven't done before.)
The show introduced them well and were excited to have them as their "house band".
They showed a larger crowd/fans out on the plaza, but how did the handful of fans get selected to go in to watch, I wonder? Sweet!
And special guest...Willy Giest on the 5 neck air guitar Wink

Now have to wait thru the Kathie Lee and Hoda segment for the next song.... Sleepy

04-07-2016, 11:12 AM,
Another fine performance with WIWUT. Class act!

04-07-2016, 11:19 AM,
(04-07-2016, 11:12 AM)Andrea Wrote: Another fine performance with WIWUT. Class act!

I've seen a vid of that it was awesome.   Tongue
04-07-2016, 11:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 11:49 AM by Schlichtl.)
Not sure if anyone has posted or discussed this already...hard to keep up with the board these days...
Are the other HOF inductees/bands getting as much publicity and appearances? Or are we just hyper-vigilant so we notice?
And I know the new album is a huge help with the press but...I see only one article on Deep Purple, nothing on Chicago.
04-07-2016, 11:49 AM,
(04-07-2016, 09:56 AM)Andrea Wrote: Looked fantastic and sounded great (IWYTWM). If Robin's voice was giving him trouble (just based on what I read from the Stern show comments) he seems to have recovered. They did start off the first verse without the higher register, but then switched to the 'usual' version. (Nothing they haven't done before.)
The show introduced them well and were excited to have them as their "house band".
They showed a larger crowd/fans out on the plaza, but how did the handful of fans get selected to go in to watch, I wonder? Sweet!
And special guest...Willy Giest on the 5 neck air guitar Wink

Now have to wait thru the Kathie Lee and Hoda segment for the next song.... Sleepy

Mrs London and i were in the studio  Cool
~ "Jump in my love car - Don't have to go very far" ~

04-07-2016, 12:10 PM,
They looked and sounded great!
04-07-2016, 02:59 PM,
I got Kelly Ripa'd too. Matt announced CT, they went to commercial, and then RIpa!! I wasn't pleased.

https://sputinc7.wixsite.com/covwc

I didn't do it.   But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation